As a side note–I am not overly fond of daylight saving time. Every year, just as it’s almost light when I wake up for school, the time changes and it’s pretty dark again. Or as dark as it gets in Chicago, which isn’t really dark. But that’s a complaint for another day.
I’ve been making this dip for breakfast for a couple months now, but I just recently started soaking the chia seeds first. Before I did that, I came home from school one day and found this is my bathroom sink.
In case you can’t tell, those are chia sprouts. And they were growing out of my bathroom sink! Boy, did I laugh when I saw that.
peanut butter-coconut manna-chia seed dip
- 1-2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon coconut manna (or coconut butter)
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 1-2 Tablespoons hot water
- Put chia seeds in small bowl.
- Pour hot water over chia seeds–I use water I just boiled for my tea.
- Add the coconut manna to chia seed/water. This isn’t necessary, but my manna is always hard, so I scrape it out of the jar and put it on top of the chia seeds and let it soften.
- Let sit for a few minutes until the chia seeds swell.
- Add peanut butter and mix.
- Add more water if you want it creamier.
- Slice up an apple and dip away!
- This is also good in a date.
Here are the ingredients–except the water.
Well, that’s all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.