This is the unusual, but delicious breakfast I’ve been eating often these past few months. I started out trying to make blended juice, but I didn’t like the texture, so I used the same ingredients without the water and mixed them in the food processor instead. I had my daughter try it while she was home from college for winter break. She just left today 😦 .
I wasn’t sure what to call it–it’s kind of like a salad, but also kind of like a pudding with the chia seeds. But at any rate, it’s delicious and healthy–Gabi agrees that it tastes better than it looks. You could probably chop it by hand, but the texture would be very different.
Anyhow, here’s the recipe:
- 2 kale or collard leaves, thick stem removed and torn or chopped into medium sized pieces
- handful of cilantro, parsley, basil, mint or mix
- 2 slices raw ginger
- 2-3 Tablespoons chia seeds
- one apple, cored and cut into chunks
- put all ingredients into food processor, making sure to put the greens on the bottom and the apple on top.
- process until everything turns to mush
- eat and enjoy!
Let me know how you like it.
And as always, thanks for stopping by!