I also bought rhubarb at the farmer’s market. I was in the mood for something sweet and creamy, so I came up with this recipe. Sweet and simple and pretty healthy.
- one bunch rhubarb
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar (0r other sweetener)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- wash and chop the rhubarb into 1-2 inch pieces
- place in a sauce pan with about an inch of water
- bring to a boil
- add the sugar
- lower the heat so the pan simmers. Cover and cook until the rhubarb is soft, 15-20 minutes
- Taste and add more sugar if it’s not sweet enough
- add coconut milk and chia seeds
- mix well and let sit for a few minutes until the chia seeds start to soften (you don’t have to wait, but the pudding will get thicker in a few minutes)
- This pudding is good alone, but I’ve been mixing it with some quinoa for breakfast–oh, my! it’s good!!
I hope they have more rhubarb when I go back to the farmer’s market, because I want more of this pudding.
That’s it for now.
Thanks for stopping by!