I forgot all about the Insecure Writer’s Support Group on Wednesday. I remembered today and even though it’s late, I thought I would practice making excuses–always a good use of time and also because: So here are the top ten reasons I didn’t get my post in on time:
- I forgot–that’s the real reason, but it’s boring as an excuse, so on I go…
- I was tired out from a whole month of posts in the A to Z blogging challenge and wanted to take a break.
- I was tired (a certain theme here?) because I went to the SCBWI conference and then had a busy week, including a Spanish test!
- I had to finish my daughter’s financial aid application (this one is almost true–I finished on the weekend)
- I ran out of ideas after a month (this one’s a lie, but I think I’ve used up my “real” excuses.
- My cat was taking a nap on my arm and I couldn’t type–she has been in my face all evening. You’ve heard of face time? She needs nose time. We have to spend some time, it seems like a lot to me, nose to nose. This usually happens when I’m reading or writing or trying to sleep–basically anytime I’m sitting or laying down.
- I had other stuff to do–stories to write and I’ve been revising my MG novel and writing chapter summaries to send in for an assignment in a writing class I’m taking–and it’s due on Sunday!
- I need to clean my house–I do, but I haven’t been doing that either.
- I’m looking ahead to the new school year–I have been thinking about it a lot and visited a class this week and went to the early childhood teacher’s meeting this week. Still, really?
- I forgot. Ok, last month was my first time writing a post for the Insecure WRiter’s Support Group. It’s not in my habit life and it wasn’t on my calendar. (It is now, I just added it forever!) So much for this excuse, good think I used it twice this month.
There is an art to making excuses. One that I obviously haven’t mastered (or am I just insecure about my excuse making abilities?)
I hope this still counts. I’m off to visit some other Insecure writers. You can, too. Here’s a list. You can join us, too, if you want to.